Picture this: you and your partner traveling through time, in the ultimate celebration of your love. Escaping the constraints of the present, as you explore the moments and places that have defined your relationship together. Your fairy-tale day unfolding before you, wistfully; as if in a dream. This delves deep into a realm of timeless romance, offering an exclusive peek into the future of nuptials. Let’s explore how this novel concept can become a reality.
Planning a Time-Travel Wedding
A timeless wedding inspired by an infinite past and a thrilling future doesn’t have to be a distant fantasy. To help you dive into planning a time-travel themed wedding, we’ve explored all the opportunities for organising a magical fairytale fantasy. Here are some tips for bringing those dreams to life.
- Step Back in Time: To receive a time-travel wedding experience, you will need to explore the theme and location. Perhaps you can select a vintage location to transport your guests back to the 50s and 60s, or select a rustic village to evoke the feeling of the Renaissance era.
- Costume Compulsory: Dress is of course a key component of a time-travel extravaganza. Ensure you and your guests dress in authentic clothing from the chosen era.
- Tick the Boxes: You’ll need to include details and decorations that reflect the chosen time period. Hire someone to set up vintage lanterns, or source old books and antiques to set the scene.
- Musical Therapy: Choose an array of appropriate music to soundtrack your time-travel wedding. Pull songs from across the decades and don’t forget some swing for those dancing shoes!
- ¡Hola! Wow Them With Food: No time-travel journey is complete without authentic and flavourful food. Add some exotic cuisine to keep the momentum of time-travel alive throughout the night.
The spectacle of a time-travel wedding is a once in a lifetime experience, so take your time to consider each aspect of the theme and your location. Once all preparations are complete, travel down the aisle to the future and start the next chapter of your journey.
Exploring Theme Possibilities
As couples of the 21st century, there is often an immense amount of pressure to craft the perfect wedding. From the dress and invitations to the seating arrangement and the menu, every couple wants their wedding to be nothing less than unique. Fortunately, there is a timeless solution: time-travel weddings!
Time-travel themes are fun to explore, and help bring couples’ stories to life in unexpected ways. Here are a few ideas to consider:
- 1860s Victorian Glamour: Couples may opt to recreate the era of statuary lace dresses and John Singer Seregat costumes.
- 1920’s Roaring Party: Complete with flapper dresses and the cigars of the decade, grooms and brides can enjoy signature prohibition cocktails.
- Retro Revival: From classic Hollywood films to the bell bottom jeans of the ‘70s, this theme allows couples to recreate their favorite loving scenes.
Time-travel wedding dreams can come to life through décor and attire. For decorations, couples may choose to opt for nostalgic centrepieces and lighting features. For apparel, vintage styling is all the rage and allows brides to express their individuality. Grooms may also choose to add a twist by adding extra bow ties or ties to their suits.
We hope couples take a step back in time and brainstorm the classic, fun, and unique ideas that a time-travel wedding will bring. Get ready to whisk yourselves back to the times of your dreams and craft the most ideal wedding celebration.
Preparing Unique Invitations
Invite your guests to a wedding journey back in time! Prepare unique invitations that will transport them to the past. See step-by-step how to create time-travel wedding invitations:
- Choose a theme: Make it time-travel themed with a vintage look. Include the bride and groom’s names to give it more personality.
- Find the right material: Use paper that has the look or texture of a parchment, with a faux-distressed effect.
- Decorations: Decorate with motifs that suggest a journey back in time, such as old compasses, clocks, antique keys, wings, and stamps.
- Choose fonts: Go for fonts which are simple and elegant to give a unique and uncluttered look.
- Create a timeline: Include the timeline of events in the card, such as the time and day of the ceremony, the dress code, the venue, and any additional details.
- Make it special: Include a personal message from the bride and groom, and don’t forget to add a map and directions to the venue.
- Send your invitations: Once you have your invitations ready, do not forget to add your RSVP card or email information to your guests!
Sending a unique invitation to your guests and transporting them to a land of timelessness is unforgettable! Have guests enjoy the experience of attending a time-travel wedding with one of a kind invitations.
Shopping for Vintage Keepsakes
For brides with time-traveling dreams, shopping for vintage keepsakes can be a magical experience. Uncovering a long forgotten piece can whisk you back in time, reigniting old stories and memories once thought lost. As well as enriching the wedding experience, vintage finds are also a great way to add atmosphere and character to any venue. Here’s our top finds to help bring your dream wedding to life:
- Tea Sets - Tea cups, cake stands and silverware offer a wonderful nod to a bygone era, perfectly suited to vintage-themes celebrations.
- Cake Toppers – Vintage cake toppers add a delightful finishing touch, such as a classic cut-out paper cake topper with delicate florals or a ‘just married’ car silhouette.
- Favors – Vintage tins filled with mini sweets or hand-painted porcelain trinkets make for timeless wedding favors that are sure to delight your guests.
- Table Decor – Tables adorned with glass tealight holders or antique vases overflowing with flowers will transport guests to the past and offer a truly magical evening.
- Artwork and Props - Larger central pieces, such as wood painted signs, ornaments or cut out cardboard silhouettes will give your venue the wow factor.
Remember that vintage finds tell their own story, often with a unique character. When shopping for vintage keepsakes, nothing is quite the same so take the time to uncover a one-of-a-kind treasure for your wedding.
Making a Special Playlist
The idea of being able to travel back in time, and have a wedding the way you dreamed it to be, is one that is dreamt of by many. What if you could have a musical time machine, to bring you back to those special moments?
The answer lies in creating a special playlist, to make your journey from the past to present a musical serenade. Choose the songs that bring you up, or down, depending on the moment. A few special songs that remind you of the people who weren’t able to attend your special day, no matter the time and place. Here are a few ways to do just that:
- Weaponize the Music: Select the perfect soundtracks to bring yourself back to a certain moment in time. upbeat and cheerful for those fiery love stories, while melancholic ones that bring you closer to the struggles in your daily life.
- Style your Choices: Go with a certain genre or a mix, whatever your preference. Whether you’re seeing a classic, live performance, or hip hop beats, your music choices reflect the time period of the ceremony.
- Remember the Classics: Pay homage to the music that was popular when you tied the knot, whether it was from a decade ago or an era far beyond that. Let the music do the time-travelling, and bring your wedding dreams to life.
Creating a special playlist for your time-travelling wedding dreams will be the perfect companion for your journey into the past. Let the music embrace you, and reignite the same emotions you felt when you first dreamt of this day.
Decorating with Period Touches
If you are looking for ways to turn your special day into something truly magical, why not explore the idea of a time-travel wedding? Going back in time to the 1920s, the 1950s or even the Victorian era can offer a wondrous experience for your guests, as well as for you. A time-travel wedding can whisk you away to an unforgettable moment in time.
Decorating with Period Touches
Bringing a historically correct atmosphere to your wedding day will transport your guests to another era. Start by exploring old-style props like typewriters, hatboxes or lanterns. After that, take it up a notch with classic wallpaper and lush fabrics. Окончательно, evoke your chosen era’s atmosphere with romantic elements like a corded telephone or an old-fashioned record player.
To up the nostalgia factor, consider 1940s-style hair accessories for the bridal party. You could also get creative with authentic vintage wedding dresses or garters. And don’t forget about vintage jewelry – pick something exquisite for that eye-catching look. Add an antique silver locket to your bouquet and you’ll be sure to wow your guests!
You can also recreate a period-specific reception atmosphere with period-themed channels and music. As a bonus, get playful with old-school games like croquet or badminton.
Here’s a list of ideas to make your time-travel wedding feel timeless:
- Interesting props like old typewriters
- Classic wallpaper and lush fabrics
- Old-style hair accessories for the bridal party
- Authentic vintage wedding dresses and garters
- Vintage jewelry for a stunning look
- Period-themed playlists and channels
- Old-fashioned games like croquet or badminton
You don’t need to search for a time machine to add a chic period touch to your wedding. Unveiling the glamour of yesteryear can be as simple as taking a few cues from the past and adding classic touches to your special day!
Crafting Individually-Sized Snacks
When planning a wedding – the most important milestone of a couple’s lives – creativity and personality are key. When searching for a unique way to entertain your guests during the big day, consider whisking them away to the past with individually-sized snacks. Crafting classic items, adorned with a modern twist, you won’t have any trouble making your guests feel like they’ve been taken back in time. Here are some ideas:
- Savory Sweets: Serve individual servings of mini-quiches or tartlets – with a unique, patriotic flare of course!
- Classy Canapés: Get creative with finger-sized sandwiches, like lightly toasted sourdough with rosemary-infused butter.
- Dreamy Desserts: Nothing says time-travel more than tiny pies. Try making mini raspberry or lemon meringue pies for a vintage feel.
Mix traditions old and new – from classic finger foods to modern, pastel-hued macarons – and you and your guests will experience a lasting celebration full of time-traveling memories.
Finding Artisanal Dresses
Are you looking to find artisanal dresses that will whisk you back to time-travel wedding dreams? Consider attending vintage markets or estate sales with a keen eye – you never know what you’ll find.
Sometimes the ‘old-style’ dress will cost a few dollars from an unsuspecting vendor, and other times you may have to find the designer that understands the essence of a period dress. Consider searching high-end retailers and the web for the perfect look.
To uncover artisanal dresses, here are a few suggestions:
- Visit antique stores: It’s a treasure trove of vintage finds waiting to be discovered. Much like estate sales, you never know what you’ll find.
- Search for second-hand wedding shops: These often sell a variety of artisanal dresses in any sizes.
- Consult vintage fashion boutiques: These hip and happening stores typically specialize in the older fashion and have a unique collection of dresses.
To top it off, there’re tons of resources online that can help find the perfect gown. Get creative, compare online stores, and keep an eye out for sample sales – nothing will stop you from finding that exquisite, one-of-a-kind dress.
Exploring Pre-Wedding Traditions
Time-travel back a century or two and you’ll get to experience the many pre-wedding traditions that used to prevail for some eastern and western countries!
- Bridal Shower – A bridal shower is a gathering hosted by the bride’s friends and family to celebrate her upcoming marriage. It’s a time where she can be surrounded by the special women in her life and get advice on tying the knot.
- Dechurchnement - This is a traditional Swiss wedding custom where the groom accompanies his soon-to-be bride as she visits seven churches in one day before their wedding date. It symbolises purification and protection from the evil eye.
- Something Old, Something New – This is an old Eastern proverb signifying that the couple should bring something old and something new to the marriage to ensure luck for a prosperous future together.
- Likor Wheat – Celebrated in many Eastern countries, the bride is covered with Likor wheat on her wedding day to represent her complete change from being single to being a married woman.
- Polterabend – A German custom where the couple and guests gather a week before the wedding to break crockery and cook ware. It’s believed that bad luck is linked to broken home goods, and as such, the couple can break as many plates and pots as they can to let bad luck out of their home before the wedding.
These and so many other traditions are a unique and magical way of honouring the start of a new Chapter in the lives of the bride and groom. Exploring these ancient customs and knowing their hidden meanings is a great way of whisking your wedding day dreams back to the past so you can make it truly yours!
Foraging for Floral Arrangements
Gone are the days of having to conform to expectations of an age-old tradition. Travel back in time with these unique and evocative wedding dreams of a past era. Using foraged vases, greenery and blooms to design colorful floral arrangements can make any love story spectacular.
- Scandeocre – pull together bouquets that evoke the hygge life of Scandanavia by foraging for foliage and floral stems along nature trails.
- Tree-hugger – embrace the summer days and adore rustic wooden twigs, wheatgrass accents and a single bloom of a wildflower for a simple, yet meaningful combination.
- Victorian Revival – embrace the hues of dark and light, while adding statement pieces to make it timeless. Foraged blooms of peonies in dusky blues, dusty pinks and cream will create the perfect vintage look.
When you evoke nostalgia through a vintage floral focus, your wedding will have a timeless soul that will last forever. By whisking yourself away in a time-traveling dream, one can experience the vibrancy of a garden in full bloom without the work.
Incorporating Symbols of Commitment
A time-travel wedding plan can be taken to the next level by incorporating special symbols of commitment. These can be presented either in physical form or woven throughout the ceremony in clever ways. Here are some symbolic ideas to get you started:
- Charge a bell with the exchange of rings. This is an ancient wedding tradition that represents the joy which two people share in being married.
- Have the couple exchange vows below a starry sky. When the vows are sealed with a kiss, the stars can be lit up with sparklers.
- Present a time capsule as a token of love. Fill it with mementos from the special day, such as the rings, photos, and handwritten vows.
- Light a unity candle as a symbol of your union. Let each of you light one of the candles with a wish or prayer for your relationship.
- Include the exchange of salt. This is an ancient practice that stands for the permanence of marriage. It is believed to represent the covenant between two people.
How you incorporate the symbols into your wedding is up to you! Let your imagination run wild to craft a timeless celebration of everlasting commitment.
Seeking the Right Venue
How welcome and romantic would it be to plan a wedding that takes the guests off to a blissful journey in time! Even though it takes lots of effort to plan such a vouge-ish wedding affair, the joys of stepping back in time make it all worth it! Here is what needs to be done.
- Venue – You will want a real time-travel feel while planning your wedding. Experienced wedding planners can help you search and book the right venue that matches your wedding’s theme.
- Decor – You have to decide exactly what time and culture you intend to emulate. Look for artifacts related to the era that can be used in the wedding decor to add a level of authenticity to the setting.
- Meals – Customize the menu with recipes that are closely associated with a particular time or culture. Don’t be afraid to research history for recipes if need be; it would add an amazing flavor to your time-travel wedding!
- Entertainment – Music from the era of your choice can set the mood. Кроме того, look for activities like dances, games, etc. to keep your guests engaged.
Take this opportunity to divulge sweet secrets of the past with your guests, transporting them into an alternate world for the evening! With the right venue, a bunch of enthusiasm, and a little bit of creativity, your time-travel wedding dreams will be unveiled for everyone to see!
Taking Time to Reflect
Amidst the whirlwind of wedding planning, sometimes the most romantic resolutions are just taking a moment to sit down, unwind, and reflect. Whether it’s revisiting old memories, blitzing back to a time where there were no commitments, or creating new visions of the future, time is a powerful message to keep in mind when preparing for one of the most important days of your life.
Take a Trip and Revisit: AdvertisementThink back to your first date, your first kiss, and your first anniversary together and envision it being celebrated in a different time period. Whatever era you find yourselves dreaming of, sketch out a plan or invest in recreating the same style of clothing or decorations. If this is something that excites you, immerse yourselves in this time period–it’ll make taking pictures even more fun!
Far Away Places, New Experiences: Arrive in a location that centuries have forced to change drastically, watch the sunset in a place that no longer looks the same, or visit a village that centuries of movement have given up. Even the boldest statements can often need a quiet reminder of where you came from to stay grounded. Through new experiences, trial of a different kind of air, and understanding of a way to come to life, your travels can also be a reflection era to era.
Do What You Love: No wedding is complete without a spark of personality and that can mean whatever you want it to. What has changed the world, or at least your world? Make your wedding truly unique by creating an atmosphere that conveys your passions and your journey together. Get inspired, create something special, and have a great time!
- Give yourself a break and reflect!
- Dream it up and recreate it, or take a step further.
- Find a way to bring out your personality in the wedding.
- Allow yourself to travel with a comfortable reminder of home.
What would a time-travel wedding look like? Is there a magical time portal waiting to whisk you away to your favorite era? It’s time to chase those time-travel wedding dreams! Be sure to fantasize about ways to plan an event that blends your favorite fashion from the past with your contemporary style. Embrace the idea of a time-travel wedding and make it your own. Time-travel weddings have the potential to capture the spirit of romance and transport you and your guests to a time long gone. It’s time to start planning the wedding you’ve always imagined!