Music festivals are more than just concerts in the summer: they’re creative outlets for fashion trends and social influence like no other. Popular music festivals, such as Bonnaroo and Coachella, have become well-known platforms for the newest fashion trends, as many of the attendees treasure these events as an opportunity to dress up and show off their unique styles. Read on as we explore how music festivals fuel these fashion trends – and why it’s become so important to them.
1. Impact of Music Festivals on Fashion Trends
Fashion trends are often impacted and driven by the music festival scene. Music festivals have become such an influencer that it has been credited with an entire fashion subculture. From Coachella to EDC, music festivals around the world are inspiring fashion statements unlike anything else.
- Cross-Cultural Spice – Music festivals have become a place where people of different cultures come together, bringing with them their own styles. For example, EDM festivals draw both people from the West and Asia, exposing them to a variety of different influences.
- Fashion Evolution – Music festivals are an opportunity for fashion to be reinvented. From tie-dye patterns to rompers to lace masks, music festivals influence fashion in unique and different ways.
- Experimental Aesthetic – Music festivals promote an experimental attitude to fashion. People have the opportunity to bring their playful side to fashion and create something totally unique. Many brands also encourage people to be more creative and take risks.
- Edgy Look - Music festivals promote an edgy look. The common trend is to wear dark colors, leather, and bold accessories that give an alternative and rebellious look.
Music festivals are the perfect place to show off creative and new looks, inspiring many brands and designers to be more daring with their creations. They are also a great place to take inspiration from and explore fashion trends that are unique to different countries and cultures.
2. Exploring Popular Festival Styles
No matter the season, festivals have become a popular culture staple, creating an atmosphere where people can celebrate art and music in style. From neon colours to floral garb, festival trends are making major waves in the fashion world. Here are some of the most iconic looks you can recreate at your next music festival:
- Boho-Chic: A grunge-inspired look that features lightweight layering with statement pieces like flowy skirts, loose tops, and fringe. Accessorize with oversized sunglasses, loose-fitting bandanas, and flower crowns.
- Neon Everything: Fluorescent hues have been taking over the festival scene – from bold bikini tops and mini-skirts to body paint and hair accessories. Catch everyone’s attention with a neon ensemble that looks good day or night.
- Crop Tops & Cutoffs: One of the most casual takes on festival fashion, the combination of a midriff-baring top and denim shorts is a classic pairing that never goes out of style.
For those looking for a mini getaway, a beach music festival is sure to be filled with summer-ready looks. Think deep cut swimwear, beach wraps, and everything in between for an instagram-worthy look. Don’t forget the sunhat and sunglasses to ward off the rays!
Whether you’re planning on dressing up or keeping it comfy, spice up your wardrobe this festival season with some of the hottest trends. Mix and match outfits until you find a style that is uniquely you. Fueling fashion trends is easier than ever when you explore these festival styles!
3. Designers Who Get it Right
Music has a global appeal. Music festivals are gaining worldwide traction, and fashion designers are in tune with the music fan’s needs. The looks and trends seen on stage and in turn, in the stands, make way for what is defined as festival fashion. Here are three designers that are unique in their approach and get it right.
- House of Holland is a London-based fashion label that is always in tune with music. Colorful and daring, House of Holland creates festival fashion that is never shy when it comes to making a statement. These looks are often seen on stage for many of today’s biggest music stars.
- Prada has always had a hand in defining fashion trends. For decades, the designer has managed to stay relevant and remains a fan favorite. Prada’s iconic designs are often seen on models and all over fashion week, but it also translates beautifully into the streetwear fashion that is seen at festivals.
- Vans is no stranger to music fashion. Combining classic design elements with modern features, Vans has created a streetwear look that has become synonymous with festival fashion. Vans designs have been seen at festivals all over the world, from Coachella to Lollapalooza.
These three designers bring their A game to every festival. Whether it’s a rock festival or an EDM rager, they always find ways to bring something special to the fashion table. By creating fresh looks that are seen all over music events, these designers show that festival fashion can be a reflection of the spirit and culture of the music we love.
4. Reinventing Music Festival Style with Sustainable Materials
- Upcycled Wearables -Music festivals are helping to redefine fashion trends by upcycling items such as plastic bags, bottle caps, and feathers. These sustainable materials are being re-purposed to create unique designs, delivering a one-of-a-kind style to festival enthusiasts.
- Bursting with Color -Upcycling makes use of scrap fabrics and materials, allowing for designs to be crafted that are packed with bright prints and patterns. Garment recycling is becoming ever more popular, paving the way for bold and daring ensembles that will be seen for seasons to come.
- Inspiring Change -Designers and retailers are being inspired by music festivals, taking the idea of sustainable fashion to their own collections. From household names to up-and-coming labels, the anticipation for recycled garments has grown far and wide.
The world of music festivals is undoubtedly leading the sustainable fashion revolution, setting the trends with its eco-friendly apparel and accessories. Not only is this a great way to support a much-needed cause, it’s also a great way to stand out from the crowd and look good while doing it.
5. Affordable Options for Music Festival Outfits
Summer is the perfect time to show off your unique style at music festivals. Whether you’re heading to a trendy music festival in the city or to an outdoor musica bonanza, dressing up is part of the festival experience.
You don’t have to break the bank to look fabulous while listening to your favorite tunes. Here are 5 affordable options to consider for your music festival outfit:
- Flea Markets: Check out a flea market in the area for funky, one-of-a-kind pieces. You may be surprised at the fabulous deals you can find.
- Thrift Stores: Save up to 70% off retail prices by shopping in a thrift store. You could assemble an entire outfit for much less than you would pay for single item at a store.
- Quality Basics: Invest in quality fashion basics that you can mix and match. You won’t have to buy a different outfit every year.
- DIY Clothes: Get creative and customize your clothes for the unique festival look. A unique clutch or jewelry can add that special touch to your outfit.
- Swapping: Ask friends and relatives to swap clothes. You’ll get the festival look without breaking the bank.
Festivals are all about having fun and expressing style. With these 5 budget friendly options, you don’t need to wait to save up to wear the latest fashion trends.
6. Tips for Incorporating Music Festival Fashion into Everyday Wear
Music festivals have long been an arena of creative sartorial choices; you can always expect to see bold looks, accessorized to perfection accompanied by flash headwear. From Coachella to Glastonbury, the fashion seen at music festivals has always been a source of inspiration for many. Here are a few tips on how you can incorporate music festival fashion into your everyday style:
- Texture Mixing: Take advantage of texture mixing to add a surprising level of depth and dimension to your everydaywear. It can help you carry out a contemporary, fashion-forward look.
- Accessories: Accessories can go a long way in introducing unique elements to your outfit. Even a simple outfit can look stylish with the right decorative pieces. Go for statement jewelry, statement bags, or even an oversized belt.
- Colors: Pick cheerful colorful pieces that create a vibrant, cheerful look. With lighter and cooler colors, you can create a balanced and sophisticated look, for a playful tone, go for brighter colors and combine them with stylish and edgy details.
- Matching Sets: Matching sets are a great way to add an element of chic casualness to your look. You can mix and match the set pieces with other items such as a jumpsuit and a pair of wide-leg pants. The possibilities are endless!
- Style Essentials: Invest in some fashion essentials such as a wide-brimmed hat or a pair of round shades. These items can serve as a perfect statement piece for any look, plus they are great for any season.
So, go ahead and give your look the extra edge and make an eclectic fashion statement. Not sure where to start? Scroll through our website for all the inspirational styling options that can help you achieve an effortless yet impeccably stylish look!
From a floral crown, to ripped jeans and cowboy boots – music festivals have been essential for creating a platform for fashion inspirers to express their personal style. Just as music festivals bring people together to enjoy the same sounds, it also serves as a source of fashion inspiration and trends. So, if you’re looking to keep up with the trendiest fashion, be sure to check out your local music festival!