Are you tired of your hair extensions peeking out from your short hairstyle and ruining the sleek look you’re aiming for? Whether it’s due to a bad haircut, thinning locks, or just the desire for added volume and length, short-haired ladies can still rock gorgeous and discreet extensions! In this blog post, we’ll share some foolproof tips on how to hide extensions in very short hair.
Different Types of Extensions
If you have very short hair, you may think that you can’t get extensions. However, there are different types of extensions that can work for very short hair. Here are some of the different types of extensions that you can try:
Tape-In Extensions: Tape-in extensions are a great option for those with very short hair. The extensions are applied with tape and then blended into your natural hair. This type of extension is less damaging to your natural hair and is easy to remove.
Clip-In Extensions: Clip-in extensions are another option for those with very short hair. The extensions are attached with clips and then blended into your natural hair. Clip-in extensions are easy to put in and take out, and they’re also less damaging to your natural hair.
Halo Extensions: The extensions attach around your head like a halo and blend into your natural hair. Halo extensions are less damaging to your natural hair and are easy to remove.
Pros and Cons of Extensions
If you’re considering extensions for your very short hair, there are a few things to keep in mind. Firstly, extensions can add volume and length to your hair, giving you a whole new look. However, they can also be expensive and time-consuming to maintain. Here are some pros and cons of extensions to help you make your decision:
- Can add volume and length to your hair.
- Can give you a whole new look.
- Can be styled in many different ways.
- Can be expensive.
- Can be time-consuming to maintain.
- Can cause hair damage if not properly cared for.
How to Hide Extensions in Very Short Hair?
If you have very short hair, hiding your extensions can be a challenge. Here are a few tips to help you keep your extensions hidden:
1. Choose the right color: Extensions that match your natural hair color will be much easier to blend in and hide. If you have very short hair, consider choosing an extension color that is one shade lighter or darker than your natural hair color.
2. Cut the extensions to the right length: Your extensions should not be longer than your natural hair. If they are too long, they will stick out and be very noticeable.
3. Use bobby pins: Bobby pins can help keep your extensions in place and prevent them from sticking out. Place the bobby pins along the underside of your hair, where they will be hidden from view.
4. Apply a little bit of hairspray: A light coating of hairspray can help keep your extensions in place and prevent them from sticking out. Be sure to use a light hand, as too much hairspray can make your hair look greasy or sticky.
Alternatives to Extensions
If you’re not into the idea of extensions or wigs, there are still a few options available for hiding your very short hair. One option is to use scarves, hats, or other head coverings to help disguise the fact that your hair is very short. Another option is to use hairstyles that help to create the illusion of longer hair, such as braids or updos. Finally, you can also try using makeup and/or accessories to draw attention away from your hair and toward your face.
Styling and hiding extensions in very short hair can be a tricky task, but with the right tools and techniques, it’s totally achievable. We’ve given you some useful tips on how to use products like wefts, clip-ins, or tapes to hide your extensions without sacrificing style. So go ahead and take advantage of all the styling possibilities that having extensions provides.